Sunday, March 31, 2013

Our Easter 2013


Holy Craziness... A TON has happened since I last posted! I have got to get my act together. We had all the little cousins over to die Easter Eggs! Please excuse the ugly backyard! We are literally in the process of a major redo on it:-)



 Here are Sydni, Ana, Benny and Abigail!! I love Abigail's pose :-P
 
 
 
 Isaac and Lily coloring their eggs.
 
 
 
Katie and Dustin had a family dinner at their house on Saturday night. We even had an Easter egg hunt before hand.
 
 
 
 Everyone hunting for eggs.
 
 
 
 Abigail
 
 
 
 Benny and Lily
 
 
 
Suzy! Oh how I love my Suzy Joy!!
 
 
 
Sweet Lil Malachi! I don't even know what this face is about! He must really love his Nawni!
 
 
 
 So as far as the Easter Bunny goes, I really tried to tone it down this year. The boys are getting older and I wanted to focus more on the real reason why we celebrate Easter.
 Here are their cute little baskets.
 
 
 


 Benny's favorite part of his basket.
 
 
 
 Isaac checking out his basket!
 
 
 
And last, but not least... Malachi getting into his basket. Sweet little guy :-)
 
 
The whole morning was stressful. Tom got home just in time to see them go through their baskets and then he was off to bed. It was just me with all the boys and it seemed like there were a million things that needed to get done before church. I was running no stop. I didn't have a single second to think about what I should have been the main thing on my mind, my Saviour. I was getting the roast in the crock pot, getting a shower, feeding the baby, getting the boys dressed, getting the baby dressed, taking pictures, unloading the dishwasher. As we drove off to church, I felt heavy. I was irritated that things had been so rushed. And then we sat down in the chapel and I had an overwhelming feeling of peace. I made it! The boys were really good during sacrament meeting and I was able to sit and take in all of the goodness that the Easter program brought. I felt the Holy Spirit, telling me that Heavenly Father loves me. That I am doing a good job raising these crazy rowdy boys. He is please with my efforts. It was amazing. It was EXACTLY what I needed to feel. Exactly what I needed to get me through another week of craziness! Here are some pictures of us all dolled up (as my grandma Tannie would say)
 






I am so blessed. I am thankful for my Saviour. I am thankful for every pain he felt, and every tear he cried as he suffered for ME. He can forgive the ugliest sin, he can heal the most broken heart. I am blessed to have an AMAZING husband and three brilliant boys. I have the overwhelming responsibility to teach my boys what the Saviour went through on their behalf. It was an amazing Easter with my sweet little family. 

1 comment:

The Waits said...

glad you made it to church, and felt the spirit! yesterday was such a wonderful church day for us, too! ps. everyone looked so cute, and looked like they had a great time with everything!!
-M