Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Isaac's Baptism


I still can't believe that my sweet little Isaac is 8 years old! It's just craziness. We had planned to have Isaac baptized with the other kids in our stake on the stake baptism date. But my dad came in from out of town for Ana's baptism, which was just one week earlier, so we decided to change his at the last minute so that they could be baptized together. I'm not going to lie, I was having all kinds of anxiety leading up to Isaac's special day. He is our oldest child, so the first baptism for our family. I knew for a certainty that my mom and my baby would be there and that I would feel them. I was so scared though that I would go into a major slump after the baptism. Sometimes I miss my mom so much, that I would almost rather just not feel her at all. I hate when that wonderful, peaceful feeling of her being with me is gone. I asked Heavenly Father to help me be strong and to not take away from Isaac's special day. And it was perfect. I felt my mom and my sweet angel baby there and they were so happy for Isaac and Ana (Becca's daughter). It was the most perfect day that I could have asked for. :-)

My three little stud muffins all dressed up :-)

 

Isaac was baptized by his dad.




Malachi and me. I know this was Isaac's day, but I just cant get enough pictures of my handsome baby all dressed up. :-)


 

Isaac and Ana. There were born only one week apart, and lets just say that my mom was on cloud nine :-) Boy did she love her grand babies.





The whole family.


 

Mommy and Isaac. This picture seriously brings tears to my eyes. When did my chubba chunk baby grown up??? Turning eight, getting baptized, starting scouts, this is just all too much. I would sit all day and rock him in my arms if I could. Literally. I know, I need help, LOL.



Isaac was confirmed a member of the Church by his Papa Owen (Tom's dad). We let him choose, and as much as I wanted him to have picked my dad, he didn't. And Papa Owen did a great job. He sure does have a special bond with his Papa :-)


Brunch after the baptism. Isaac has been on this kick lately where he crosses his eyes ALL THE TIME! It is so annoying. But cute :-)


 

My stud muffin and partner for ever, making a goofy face.


Toms parents have a tradition of giving each grandchild their very own set of scriptures for when they turn 8. He loves them. It really was the most special day for our big guy, Isaac. I'm so thankful for all of the friends and family who were there for him, both physically and spiritually. He is a sweet heart and such a blessing to our family. He's got a lot of responsibility, being the oldest brother. But he does a great job and is an amazing example. I could go on and on. My heart is full. I am so blessed in so many ways.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Liz said...

So cool. Thanks for letting us be a part of it.