Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Progress over the last month!!!

WARNING... Do not view this post if you are eating or squeamish. In case anyone was wondering what a necrotic belly button looks like. Super gross, but it's kinda cool too. I'm super happy with the progress I'm making. I just wish it would happen faster. But for a diabetic, I am doing really well.



This is my belly button one week after surgery. The black part is basically dead tissue. It's one of the risks of having this surgery. Not very common, but it does happen. So of course it would happen to me :-P

Two weeks after surgery. Gross parts of my incision which later decided to open up. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck.

Belly button three weeks after surgery. Still was packing with gauze twice a day, which if you're wondering, is not very pleasant.

Four weeks after surgery. Looking way better. And FEELING way better!!!

Left side of incision 3 weeks post op. Starting to "separate" where the black used to be. For some reason the left side is about three weeks behind the right side. Right now (at 1 month post op) my right side is completely closed and healed up.

Left side of incision at 1 month post op. She put a tiny pair of scissors in this one today and cut part of the knots from the stitches that are on the inside of this opening. I'M TOTALLY SERIOUS!

I am learning humility and patience in all of this. My body is a gift from Heavenly Father. It is a worldly body. It is not perfect. I have limitations on what I can do. And that's just how it is. At times I feel picked on. Why am I the one with diabetes. Why am I the one with kidney damage. Why am I the one with sores infected with both Staph and MRSA, requiring me to have this crazy surgery. And for right now, why am I the one who has complications from an abdominoplasty. I ask Heavenly Father these question often and he gently reminds me... It doesn't matter why. It is what it is. This is a trial that I am faced with in my lifetime. I am not picked on and God does not wish for me to be miserable. And so I just keep trying to stay positive. I listen to my Dr and follow her instructions. And I am reassured that this too shall pass.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: