Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Rogers Family 2013

I have been doing a lot of thinking over the last couple of days and am realizing how incredibly blessed we have been over this last year. There is not a doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father loves me and my family. There is not a doubt in my mind that he wants us to be happy and to be successful in every aspect of our lives. I have come to rely on my Savior a lot this past year. Not in my religion or the people in it, but in the Savior. I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to trust and rely on Him and only Him. I am haunted by lies from Satan on a daily basis. I'm sure, like any other mom, I focus on all the negatives. The messy house, whining kids, burnt dinner... they all scream out at me and cause me to feel like a constant failure. I have dealt with these negative feelings every day for as long as I can remember. One of the biggest accomplishments that I have made this past year is to recognize that these thoughts and feelings are not from the Savior. They are from an enemy who wants nothing more than for me to be miserable and depressed. I feel blessed that at the end of the day, I can pray to my Savior and have pure peace. All the negatives go away and I feel his overwhelming love for me. I know in those short minutes while I'm talking to Him that He is pleased with me. He knows my efforts and he is proud of what I am doing. Maybe in this upcoming year, I will have that assurance all day long. I have no idea. But it is something I long to have. Overcoming my anxiety and depression will be a lifelong effort for me, and I'm ok with that. I just have to keep taking it one day at a time, knowing that I'm doing the best I can. So in 2013, here are some of our major events/ accomplishments...
  • Isaac was baptized and has become a cub scout!!
  • We've watched Malachi develop into a busy little booger
  • Benny has developed a strong love for his teachers at school and at church
  • I have overcome a staph infection, and complete abdominal surgery with part of my incision becoming necrotic
  • I have completed lots of counseling for my ODC, anxiety, PTSD
  • Tom has worked his little buns off
  • Tom has managed to make time for his two jobs, three boys, and needy wife.
So really, what more could we ask for?! Life is great! The Rogers family just keeps plugging away. We are blessed beyond measure and ready for the new year.

No comments: